Welcome to the Southeast Chapter of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA). Our region comprises AMWA members from Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama. We strive to have meetings in Nashville, TN, Memphis, TN, and Atlanta, GA where we have the highest concentrations of members. AMWA Southeast Chapter meetings include a variety of networking and educational events to meet the needs of chapter members. These meetings provide excellent networking opportunities, as our chapter has nearly 200 members from a wide array of medical communications backgrounds, including members from:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Non-profits like the American Cancer Society
- Healthcare information businesses like WebMD
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Freelance writers
Whether you are an experienced medical writer or just starting out, we welcome your membership and participation.
Benefits of Membership
The American Medical Writers Association was founded in 1940 in order to help medical authors promote excellence in biomedical communication and to provide educational resources that support that goal. Through an extensive educational program, various publications, and unparalleled opportunities for networking, AMWA encourages and enables its members to extend their professional expertise.
Membership in AMWA offers the opportunity to:
- Learn about career opportunities in medical writing.
- Build your medical writing skills through the AMWA continuing education program.
- Attend local chapter meetings and regional and annual conferences.