On September 27, 17 attendees (6 current AMWA members, 11 prospective members) met at the Georgia Public Library in Sandy Springs. Several of the attendees were graduate students who are interested in medical writing as a career.
The group had engaging discussions on several topics, including:
- Tips for medical writing success
- Benefits of AMWA membership
- Building a freelance medical writing business
- Necessity of certification
- Ways to engage and network with Atlanta-based medical writers
The attendees generally had positive feedback about the meeting and are looking forward to having more meetings and social events. In fact, several of them agreed to work on planning an event for early November.